Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What Summer Brings..

Summer Brings...
toes in flops
water in the pool
a break too short,
before we go back to school


long hot days,
warm summer eves
bugs in the air
green on the leaves.

secretly growing up,
my baby now a boy
this is hard on my heart
but still brings my heart joy.

making memories and new friends,
visiting new places to and fro
 traveling and taking road trips
so we can
go where Daddy goes.



I cannot figure out why time
 has to pass so fast
I will close my eyes
And pretend ... it will always last.
~s. mccall
                                                


I look at this little picture of my lil baby Diesel (who is nicknamed my little Miney because I told him one day he was my little "mighty, tiny" baby. He looked at me and said, "Miney?" He was crossing mighty and tiny and came up with Miney. I loved it and call him that in so many ways...Diesel "Miney", D-"miney" and my favorite, "Sugar Miney"!.. Anyway, he is growing up at an insanely fast pace and I feel like I have just had a conversation with a scholar the past few nights. He is not even 2 years old yet, and can talk like a brainiac. All of a sudden he counts to 10. And repeats EV-ER-EE-thing.. in his own way.
doggy= gawggy
Daddys Rhino=buggy
trailer=tray-derr
ring around the rosie= woe-see
yogurt=yogi
orange= onn-denge
croutons= shruthons
coupons= hee-honns
grits= wittssth
helmet= hemm-ett
what I call Lander when I am joking, Pappy=  happy
what the kids call my Dad, Pop= hopp
computer= pooter
dirty=door-ee
spiderman= spize-ann
batman= batpan
anything that doesn't work is dead
you get "kee-iw'd"(killed) if you run in front of a car or this can happen in water, of any size in any place.



The list goes on and on. Then I remember , Myles used to be like that. He's getting older and yes it is hard for me. Sometimes, Myles still has words he says are sooo cute. Like fifth=thrifth, forget and regret= forgret, south carolina= core-foline-uh. and so on... They are so precious. So sweet and innocent. Such little monsters  that argue  I sometimes question if my sanity is street legal. They are my little guys. My sweet bambinos, and I am so proud of them. They both KNOW God lives in heaven. Myles knows that, and I quote,  "Jesus died on the cross so we can be saved so we dont go live with the devil in hell. You WILL burn there forever. Jesus is God's son." And thats just a small part.. When I asked Diesel the other night (while we are watching a cable Christian channel show about Jesus's resurrection, that I explained in the best 2 year old detail I could)  "where did Jesus go after he died on the cross?" (again, this is basic 2 year old conversation) I thought he kept saying, "wha happen?!" I finally got he was saying, "to hebben!" -to heaven! What a reward, as a parent, to know that with all the mistakes I make, and boy I make them, my boys know something that is REAL. That will not change. And that is a start to the best thing they will ever know!

"For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of him: Therefore also I have lent him to the LORD; as long as he liveth he shall be lent to the LORD. And he worshipped the LORD there."   ~1 Samuel 1:27-28 (KJV)

"Hear, my son, your father’s instruction, and forsake not your mother’s teaching, for they are a graceful garland for your head and pendants for your neck."
(Proverbs 1:8-9)


And they were bringing children to him that he might touch them, and the disciples rebuked them. But when Jesus saw it, he was indignant and said to them, “Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.” And he took them in his arms and blessed them, laying his hands on them.
(Mark 10:13-16)